Unity Tutorial 03



 For this weeks Unity tutorials they took way longer than I intended on spending on them. I kept making minor mistakes in the coding which cost me a lot of time as I couldn't find what it was that was stopping the game from working the way it is meant to. In the first tutorial I learned how to move the player from left to right like last time but the difference this time round was that I stopped the player from going off the edge of the screen by adding an 'if-statement'. This piece of code says that if that player is gone too far to the left or to the right that it will automatically stop. 

The next two tutorials I completed I found much harder than the first. In my head I am still trying to make sense of the Unity interface and the basics of making a game. As the tutorials get progressively harder I am finding myself finding it more and more difficult to complete them by the suggested time.  However I know how important it is to complete these tutorials as they will give me all of the skills I need to create my own game using Unity. 

Thanks for reading - Leslie

Comments

  1. Hey Leslie
    I also spent way to long on the Unity tutorials this week. I hate when you can’t find the issue in the coding it always takes me so long to find them honestly wrecks my head sometimes. I found the second one to be the hardest out of all these sets of tutorials, so we had that in common this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me!

Game Idea Research

Prototype