Prototype

 


This week we had to make a prototype for our game. At the beginning of tackling this assignment I found it difficult as I wasn't sure how to begin or where to start. The first approach I took was to make a basic room from scratch using the skills I have learned from using the Unity tutorials, a few minutes into doing this however I realised how much more beneficial it would be to use Unity assets from the website. 

I went online and searched for a medieval room asset which I could use as my template, after searching for an hour or so I found the one pictured above and found it fitted my theme perfectly. I downloaded these assets and placed them into my project. Of course I was not just going to use it as is, I removed some elements and added in pictures and chairs etc from other assets I have found. I had to add a camera to these assets and begin to picture where my player would be placed in the game. 

 I really love how it looks but as I progress in making my game I am planning on changing dimensions, adding clickable items and adding my own twist to it. It feels great to have a move on in my project but I know there is a lot more work to do. 

Comments

  1. I have to agree with you assets store is the best I found all the needed materials for my game there all for free. I wonder have you found a suitable character asset for your player. I love the look of your game so far and I hope that you don't come across any problems when you develop it further. From what I can see from your screen shot you plan on doing a realistic enverment for your game as well as it being set in what I assume to be the middle ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie, wow it looks great so far, well done. I have to agree it does feel great to finally gets started with our games. I like how you started off by making a room to kinda get an idea for what you are going to do. That should really help you with the development.
    Did you consider a story for your game? Does your main character have a background to why they're in these rooms?
    One suggestion from me would be to maybe get all your mechanics working so it would be so much easier for you to put your game together when everything is working.
    Overall, it looks great and I am glad I am not the only one doing an escape room game. Good luck with development!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Leslie, Really enjoyed reading this, your game looks so good much better than mine haha. I agree once I opened unity I didn't even know where to start until I discovered the assets store which helped me a lot. Glad to hear you're not struggling too much which unity and that you're finding your way through it. I'm really excited to see how your game turns out it looks amazing so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leslie,
    Your game looks like it's going great so far! I wanna start by saying I just read your blog and it was so easy to read and I flew through it . My game has a similar feel to it with the assets I chose I was gonna use the one's you have chosen but in the end went for different ones I think your game is looking great at it's current progress. Wishing you all the best with your game.
    ~John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Leslie
    I really enjoyed reading your blog, simple and straight to the point, I wanna tell you this is a great start , I tried to take the same approach for my game for assets but couldn't find or create the scene I wanted. I wonder if you could have different lights in different places for your game because I think the assets you found probably have all sort of lights that you can add in. I think that would give the player a new experience each time they enter a different places within the game. Anyway I hope this goes well for you, best of luck.
    -Abdi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me!

Game Idea Research

Alpha