Tutorial 01


 


More Unity tutorials! I wish I could say I was happy about it but Unity isn't getting any easier for me unfortunately. This week we started on a new set of tutorials. We had an option to choose the difficulty level we wanted to work with, I feel like my skill level isn't where it needs to be in order to attempt a more difficult tutorial so I chose to do '2D Game Dev'

From the outset I began experiencing problems as Unity kept crashing on my laptop when I opened it which forced me to uninstall and download it again. This eventually resolved my problem. I was surprised to see when I opened the tutorial that there was no video instruction to go with it like there was in the previous tutorials I completed. 

To begin with I didn't think it would hinder me as much as it ended up doing. I found it really difficult to follow along with the instructions when there wasn't a visual aid to back it up, this lead to the tasks being much more time consuming then they should have been. 

The main section I was stuck on was the timing and frame rate, I ended up missing out on a small piece of code which when I fixed made it work correctly. 

I hope that in future tutorials that I get used to not having a video to follow along with.

Thanks for reading - 

Leslie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me!

Game Idea Research

Prototype