Tutorial 03



This weeks Unity tutorials consisted of adding damageable objects and enemies to a game and also having 'lives' that decrease each time your character runs into a dangerous obstacle / enemy.

The first part of the tutorial focused on coding the health stat into the game. It began with five lives which I then had to code to decrease when I lost a life and then code it to increase again when the character gained a life by collecting one in gameplay. 

For the second part of the tutorial this week I had to actually make the damageable objects and enemies and incorporate them into the game. I decided to add in a grenade looking object that I found in the Unity assets. I then had to link the coding so that when the character came into contact with the object that the health stat would decrease by one life.

Overall this was an informative unity tutorial and thankfully I didn't meet too many problems along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me!

Game Idea Research

Prototype