Favourite Game - GTA V


                                                                           https://www.flickr.com/photos/bagogames/15039681420

I have never been much of a gamer. Years ago I played the classics like Simpson's Hit and Run and Sims, but I was never obsessed with one particular game. It wasn't until last year I played Grand Theft Auto 5 - commonly known as GTA V - for the first time and fell in love with it. At the beginning I would just drive cars around not knowing what I was doing but when I discovered the story mode I realised how much detail was involved in the game. The first thing I noticed when playing the game was the level of detail it had, and all I kept thinking to myself was how many people and how much man hours went into its creation. I feel like a lot of games are limited to certain play-styles: Call of Duty is just a war simulator, killing over and over again, which doesn't interest me. Need For Speed is fun, but just racing constantly. FIFA is probably the best example of this in that it is practically the same game repackaged every year. What I enjoy about GTA V is that the sandbox leaves the fun to you - it provides shooting aspects, driving challenges, sports, storyline, world exploration and practically every element any mainstream game can offer. I don't dislike gimmick games like Call of Duty or FIFA, but the diversity in playable characters, activities and decision making in GTA V is what keeps my interest from stagnating. 

Comments

  1. Hi Leslie, Killian here, I really liked your introduction post, thought it was very interesting and fun, you seemed to have fun with it which is why it turned out so good. Glad you got something out of the first semester, I was proud of my website too so I get what you mean.. All the best and good luck with the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me!

Game Idea Research

Prototype