Feedback Thoughts

The first article I read this week regarding feedback was this New York Times article. It was short and sweet yet had a good message and made me look at negative feedback differently. I found it interesting that most of us find it hard to accept negative critique because we are so afraid ourselves to give it to other people. I personally would cringe at the thought of sitting someone down and tell them everything I think they're doing wrong but if I approached the situation with consideration and constructive criticism then it would be much easier for a person to handle. 
'you can retrain your brain to actively seek out that feedback so you associate it not with anxiety, but with opportunity.'  - This is something that I am going to work on for the future. When I receive negative feedback I take it quite personally and it gets me down but if I change my mindset to see it as an opportunity to grow and learn then I will become a better worker. 

The second article I read was Why rejection hurts so much - and what to do about it. I found it extremely interesting reading about the history of rejection and how, as humans, we have been experiencing rejection since cave man times. When we are rejected or criticised it is hard to move on and take it on the chin, usually our minds overthink and analyse the situation until it consumes us. 'The greatest damage rejection causes is usually self-inflicted. Just when our self-esteem is hurting most, we go and damage it even further'. This quote sums up the article perfectly and it is a reminder of how important it is to being aware of when we are self-sabotaging ourselves. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me!

Game Idea Research

Prototype