Alpha

This week has by far been the most difficult in working with Unity. I set out to have a big chunk of my game complete and to a playable stage but unfortunately there was a lot of walls I hit along the way which took up a lot of time. The main aim I had was to add clickable items that show clues which led to the key. I began by looking up tutorials on Unity, this is the first one I followed but for some reason it didn't work for me so I had to spend a while watching several Youtube videos. 

To be honest at the beginning of this process I was excited to make my own game but as time goes on it is getting increasingly difficult and more frustrating to work on which is resulting in me enjoying the process less and less. 

After spending over 3 and a half hours working on my game I achieved very little in comparison to what I set out to do. I managed to set out all of my objects around the room that I want to be used in the game. I also added in a safe in which the key will be held. In terms of design I also changed the lighting in the room to give it a more eerie vibe. 

Next week I plan to finally overcome the issues I am having with making the objects interactive. Once I have that solved I feel it will give me the boost I need to complete the rest of my game.


Thanks for reading - 

Leslie


Scroll to insert into my game

 



Here are some items that you will definitely want to have in your post:

    • Alpha
    • Discussion on what’s working and what your finding difficult
    • How your meeting you targets set in your plan 
    • Image(s). Take at least one screenshot from your developing game,  As always, include image information.
    • Post Title. Include the phrase “Alpha” somewhere in the post title.
    • Post Labels. Label the post with: Week 9Project.

And, as always, be sure to spellcheck and proofread.


Comments

  1. Hey Leslie,

    I had few of those types of bumps for myself in the game. It's just one of those scenarios where I hoped i knew more about C# instead of just vaguely learning it and making a game straight away but it is what it is. It's our first game so there's gonna be some pitfalls along the way. I'm sure you'll figure out and fix the problems your current game has and I'm excited to see what your game has to offer when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leslie, Just after reading your blog there and I can already feel the struggle you felt when watching and following a Youtube tutorial and it not working it is so annoying. Hopefully things gets better achieving more in the 3 hours you usually spend working on the game. Good luck in solving your current problems and adding other things hopefully it turns out fine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always annoying when you follow a unity tutorial only to have it not work out as intended, it's just as disheartening when you go through multiple tutorials with the same issue.
    I completely understand how frustrating things can be with unity especially with the current circumstances, not being able to get more help with things.
    try to take it all as a good learning experience and you will sort out your game in time.
    At least you managed to get a few things working by the end of your time and hopefully next week you will manage to fix the rest of your game issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie, I can totally relate to what you have been through. I had so much thing that I would like to include in my game but as we try to code them each week, some things are not working as we wanted which can be really frustrating as we have other tasks to complete on other module as well. I have only few things done on my game as well and I wasn't able to ticked all the requirements I set on my game. I hope you will able to get more work done on your game before our last week of this semester is over. What all matters is your game is playable!

    It's better to have some things done than nothing at all~
    Good luck to you for all the modules!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me!

Game Idea Research