First Playable

This week I continued to develop my game. My main aim was to position the player in the middle of the room and to be able to rotate around 360 degrees. To achieve this I looked back on a previous Unity tutorial I had completed. 

In terms of operating Unity I found this week the hardest as I encountered a lot of problems that took me a long time to solve. As I was trying to link my code to my game an error message kept popping up, this lead to me trying for over an hour and a half to fix the problem. I began to become really frustrated as I had planned to get a lot more completed than I actually did. 

When I first began completing Unity tutorials I was enjoying it but as time goes on I am finding it harder and harder and I feel I am falling behind. 

What I achieved this week: 

Positioned camera in centre of room with user being able to rotate around

Simplified the room and took out the assets that I did not need which made it look a lot neater.

Began the process of making the objects clickable which I found really difficult but hopefully during the week I will improve my skills on this.

I still have a lot more work to do including making clues, pop-ups on screen and sound effects etc but hopefully in the next week of two I can get more of a hang of operating Unity and complete a bigger chunk of my game. 

Thanks for reading -

Leslie











Comments

  1. Hey Leslie,
    Firstly I wanna say I'm sorry that you had so many issues with developing your game this week. If it makes you feel any better I ran into so many issues that I didn't get nearly as far into developing that you did. Congrats on getting the camera working you should be proud of that. Hopefully going forward we'll both have better luck working on our games.
    ~John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,
    Firstly I want to say you're not alone with the struggles, It's something that are all facing as it is our first time using Unity. I personally find it really hard operating Unity, I spend way too long to figure out a really small issues so I guess it's all about giving the project a lot of time or maybe a whole day without any distractions, maybe that way we can be way more productive.
    Anyway I hope you make a good progress in the next 2 weeks just like you planned.
    Best of luck
    -Abdi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me!

Game Idea Research

Alpha