Week 9 - Reading and Writing

This week is all about reflecting which is a nice switch up. I was excited to see for our tasks this week we had to review everything we have learned so far which jogs the memory and makes you realise how far I have come within only a couple of weeks! Focusing this blog post on the previous readings I have completed I briefly read over what I have written in the past few weeks. When the readings were first introduced I was quite intimidated by them as academic writing was completely alien to me. The CDM website, however, held great tips for tackling academic writing and I used the tips and examples for reference throughout each writing.

The first reading I completed was an in-depth look at Game Design . I gave myself around an hour browsing the readings and highlights the parts I found the most important. After spending a while reading I found it hard to understand and take all of the information in, I did however find that reading the conclusion section of each readings really helpful as it summed up the entire reading and condensed it into a short few paragraphs.

Elevating my grammar to a higher standard was the most challenging part for me but as the weeks went by I found that the terminology I was using was improving. I also realised how important it is to write with paragraphs to break up what you are talking about instead of writing big chunks of text which isn't appealing to read.

Overall looking back on what I have accomplished I am really proud of myself and it is great to see my progress in academic writing. My biggest accomplishment for this class as a whole would have to be how I adapted to online learning and disciplined myself to complete my tasks on time. 

Looking forward I feel that what I have learned so far doing the academic writings will be very useful to me in the future and I am glad I got chance to improve my skills. In time I hope to browse through the readings a bit faster as I am still getting used to reading academically styled writings. Time management is something I also still need to work on but I am improving with this each week. I found going through the readings with my lecturer really helpful and has taught me a lot. 


(img from first writing)

I chose this image above from my first academic writing blog as it is the one I enjoyed the most and I am most proud of. 

I am looking forward to improving my skills and applying them to my other modules this year and in the future.

Thanks for reading-
Leslie

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me!

Game Idea Research

Alpha