Reading 03


Screenshot from paper


My topic for the readings is 'Commonly Used Challenges in Games' . As I said before in a previous blog post I felt there would be a lot of material on this subject for me to research. To be honest I really struggle with academic writing and reading, it is not something I enjoy so it is difficult for me to focus on a particular paper. 

For my reading this week I took at a paper by Jukka Vahlo (Ph.D.) and Veli-Matti Karhulahti (Ph.D.). It is titled  Challenge types in gaming validation of video game challenge inventory (CHA). 

I have linked the paper here. Overall it was very informative and provided an extremely in-depth look into the different challenges used in games and why, we as a a player, prefer certain aspects of different challenges.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to me!

Game Idea Research

Prototype